There are countless references used throughout the book. While some are easy to access on the internet, other documents may prove to be annoyingly difficult to find. Here are a few source references:
1. "L'Origine Du Petrole" by Dmitri Mendeleev, November 3rd, 1877.
2. "The History of the Standard Oil Company" by Ida M. Tarbell, 1904. (Note: this is a large 13 MB, 468 page pdf file).
3. 1988 US Congress Hearing on Greenhouse Effect & Global Climate Change. (On p.40 in the pdf file p.37 in the document, mentions Senator Max Baucus' suggestion of a carbon dioxide tax).
4. M. King Hubbert's 1956 paper. "Nuclear Energy and the Fossil Fuels." (On p.31-35 in the pdf file Hubbert incorrectly states the peak production of oil in the US is between 1965-1970, and in 2000 for world oil production).
1. Project MKULTRA, The CIA's Program of Research in Behavioral Modification. US Senate. August 3, 1977.
2. MKULTRA Memorandum. US Department of Defense. September 20, 1977.
For the Snowden Leaks please see NSA & GCHQ Snowden Leaks.